Library

Library
Two of Everything

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Since Ma Bell and General Tel

Ma called me on a Swiss Cow Bell,
Now, Moms call kids on a cell.
Used to call folks on the phone.
Now, "Leave a message at the tone."
Used to get the operator,
Now, punch buttons, wait till later.
Once checked to see if I had mail,
Now, I click my dail-e-mail.
Checked the bookstore for a book,
Now, I may look in my Nook.
Watched a few shows on TV,
Now, have many cable "free".
Teachers typed out purple papers,
Now, they copy with no vapors.
Used to thread the film projector,
Now, the DVD's effect-or.
Use to pass our notes in school,
Now, they have a texting tool.
Thought you'd left your schools behind?
Friend-Face classmates are online.
Seniorhood's not really boring,
When you're gaining quite a following,
On your blogs and network threads,
Are a bunch of talking heads,
Some annoyed, so then, "unfriend" you,
Just like school when couldn't stand you.
Most are gracious, have flip-flopped.
Respect, forgiveness hasn't stopped.
And if you write a silly Haiku,
Someone there may even "Like" you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you "like" it. It was just something that popped into my head while doing the other things. Not to be taken seriously at all.

    ReplyDelete