Library

Library
Two of Everything

Monday, January 27, 2014

Puzzles

                                          Possible Puzzle.
                                          Possible, too.
Impossible, but someday...

My daughter got me a puzzle to assure herself I wouldn't slip into Alzheimers.  It was a jigsaw puzzle of a beautiful Kinkade house that actually resembled one with which I was fascinated, right in the neighborhood. Since I tell stories, either original, paraphrased, but nevertheless memorized, and since I'm the storytelling group's secretary and have to take notes, remembering a month back, and report, and also, write and do a lot of research and self editing, I never got around to it. I thought my brain was getting quite a workout as it was.

But all that has changed, since we got Naia, my older gran-daughter, puzzles, and worked with her on them.
The second puzzle (last photo) was three years her senior, so after awhile, she gave up, and we did too.

I was too challenged by it not to return to it. When Naia saw me working at it again, she returned to her age-appropriate puzzle and succeeded, twice. We exclaimed, "Yay! We did it!" and "Give me Five!"

Yet I was, very quietly, rebuilding my own big picture...until it was done.

Now, I've got to find a proper table for the jigsaw puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment