Library

Library
Two of Everything

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

And So Begins 2018

I like to bite off more than I can chew, had four errand stops planned. Understand, this weather🌨️❄️☃️ is not like Southern California or Florida, πŸŒ΄πŸ¦•so it's double time driving with a GPS, leading me around in circles, and advising me to make U-turns, over in another "wrong" area, to boot.πŸš— It even tells me the place could be closed by the time I get there. So, I'm too late by a half hourπŸ•’ for a little hole in the wall I FINALLY find, then go to Barnes & Noble nearby to order booksπŸ“š for Bill, which turn out to be "out-of-print, must go online to get used ones". Get a Writers magazine and a couple calendars (half price after New Years). Ditch the other two stops. Such productivity! Glad Rev. John Welter WilliamsπŸ§™‍♂️ had already advised to postpone getting settled in to the New Year, until February. It will take that long!

Image result for New Years Senior Cartoons Sure starting the New Year right. It seemed misty and particularly dark on the way to Storytellers, so I went a lot farther, but turned to get to headquarters at just a different angle, then, abandoned my car, rather than park it. πŸš™ Great meeting, By the way, we really entertained our visitor, who didn't know there was such a thing as us. πŸ€·‍♀️ The problem was on the way back, I offered to stop at Checkers, the one fast food of its kind which has nearly disappeared. Got Bill a milkshake with his mirthful meal. I noticed a bunch of peanuts πŸ₯œwere all over the place between the front seats. When coming to one stop, the milkshake πŸ₯€took a flying leap πŸ€Έ‍♂️ onto the floor, tried salvaging about a third of what I'd started with. Got home, couldn't find the key on a sticky key ring, and yelled in the front window. Could see the tree🌲 was turned over, and no one was answering. Finally, got in and yelled for some kind of response. Why was I yelling? πŸ˜― Had to make my way through the puddles,🚣‍♀️ then, clean out the car of peanuts and spilled milkshake. He wasn't going to cryπŸ˜₯over spilled milkshake, he said. He also pointed out the tree was no longer standing up, though he'd tried his best; the tree was trying to tell me it was over. ⏱️

No comments:

Post a Comment