Library

Library
Two of Everything

Monday, September 23, 2019

Mouse in the House

Settling down to a quiet time, and who should appear? A mouse🐭 in my house! 🏠 Bill was out, so what could I do? Well, eventually, the mouse found his way to the inside of the window sill, and I shut the window, fiercely. 🎬 (I assume that's where he'd sneaked in.) I stepped out onto the porch to undo the somewhat loose screen and "encourage" him to leave. He did so reluctantly, climbing down the wall, but then, planted himself back on the outside sill, to recover from a wounded tail. 🐁 Of course, this brought to my literary children's dramatics mind, that I had acted much like "the farmer's wife, who'd" 🙍inadvertently, "cut off his tail with a carving knife."🔪 I felt a little remorseful, but eventually, he went away, though I did not "see how he runs".🏃

No comments:

Post a Comment