Library

Library
Two of Everything

Sunday, February 9, 2020

One Hand Washes the Other

Here's my honesty moment. No, I'm not taking my trip to Iceland,✈️ publishing my story,πŸ“– or lining up gigs.πŸ§–‍♀️ 
In fact, I skipped choir to "pull a cow πŸ„out of a ditch" (inside joke we tell each other, because we're Biblical-ly pretty literate, though maybe it wasn't a cow, after all, no, an OxπŸ‚
Today was not my favorite, starting with a common "object" in the house, having gotten plugged, and a husband attempting to get information on who would fix it, falling on ice on an already "sensitive" back, which meant I was the one who shoveled a pathway for our mail carrier,🚢‍♀️ gathered up the trash and took it to the curb. (slow cooked a roast meal, too, but that's what I do) Not complaining. It was rather invigorating under the moon and stars.πŸŒ™✨Thi
I just know that one day, I'll be the one who won't necessarily be injured (been there, done that), but I'll need him to be the strong one🦸‍♂️ just the same.
My errands continued into the next day shoveling the driveway, looking forward to shoveling the front walk and taking back the trash to the garage.
Even if you're only a generation removed from the farm, I would say, it toughens you up, like one time, an alcoholic repairman simply took the bathroom door off and left us without a door for quite a spell.  So, I pretended I was back on my uncle's farm in the outhouse🏘 looking over the 1/2 door out at the field.  I used this as yet another coping skill when the human waste kept piling up, pretending yet again that I was in the outhouse and its natural aroma, and it does turn out that when we get this toilet fixed, we just may have to  flush it 10 or 15 times.πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

No comments:

Post a Comment