Library

Library
Two of Everything

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wild Goose Chase, Righted

Well, after I got done being a Grandma, 👩‍🦳I got out into the boonies to get a "script" at the foot👣 Dr., which was closed, when they said they'd be open. I wandered around the back of the huge building near the highway, trying to see if I was mistaken as to where the main entrance was located, to no avail. Returning to the front, a man drove up for the purpose of honoring his appointment. I was please that he put on his mask, as I did mine. Calling on his phone, he discovered that said building was closed, due to a power outage. That explained it, and I thanked him.
Well, of course, if Barnes and Noble happened to be open, I would certainly want to go there and call Bill to let him know about the wild goose chase. 🏃‍♀️ This gave him the opportunity to have me pick up his favorite magazines if I could find them, and to get mine. Now, if you want to think it's La La Land time in Michigan, all you have to do is go into a store that just opened a week and a half ago: Same rules as the grocery stores, same markings, same percentage of people obeying and disobeying the mask rule. You'd think that those who read 📖would consider obeying, but they're probably reading things like, How Science is Duping the Public. I don't know if there IS such a book, but I've somehow met up with a lot of people who've read it,📙 claiming they've "studied" the matter more than anybody else, especially me.
Then, I thought, well, that made it less of a hunt for a goose, 🕵️‍♀️after doing a good deed for him and me. We'll be happy readers tonight.
Store hours were a little later so, I stopped at the optometrist, since about the first thing I did to start the Pandemic Incarceration was to accidentally sit on my glasses to make them cockeyed.🥴 Again, masks were "requested", same rules, same dividers in front of the workers. 
There were even the same list of questions and a temperature check. Since I was the only one, I couldn't judge as to whether people were cooperating. But it turns out the frames were so old, they broke off.🧐 Well, I was given a temporary pair, which I liked better. So, now, I'm wearing classy glasses frames for good. 🤓
Moral of the story, keep being careful. Most of Michigan businesses appear to be trying. And it doesn't take that much to just cooperate.💃🕺 It becomes as much a part of your lifestyle as waiting for your baggage to be checked at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment