Library

Library
Two of Everything

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Back to Baking Bread

 I feel like just going back to being an artiste' and relaxing into the way it was. But deep in my heart, I know every one of us has a bigger responsibility now that our democratic republic just had a close call. It doesn't mean you become somebody else, like someone invested in the arts suddenly becomes a marching political activist all the time. Admittedly, George Takei and others are doing a pretty good job of it, but they have more influence, money, and time.

Earlier on Face Book I told the story about how a fellow student at my college, in the cafeteria, relayed a sermon to me she'd heard. Interviewer: "What do you do for God?" Baker: "I bake bread." Interviewer: "No, what are the things that you do for God?" Baker: "I bake bread." Interviewer: "But I'm asking what specifically do you do for God?" Baker: "I bake bread."
Okay, there you have it. Hopefully, there will be a way you can integrate a sense of purpose to your vocation or avocation.
What was left behind was not only a mess but a wake. We still have people in a number of "cults" who believe lies fed to them on the "fantastic" level. And unfortunately, as you think, so you act.
So what's to be done? Another sermon I'd heard was called, "Duck Herding", about a dog who'd continually chase ducks every morning near the pond, and of course, never succeed at catching them. Having been one who tends to think she can control people, places, and things in the outer, I've learned it's kind of a lost cause. I guess the answer is, BE the Change, and "Bake Bread Better".

No comments:

Post a Comment