Library

Library
Two of Everything

Monday, December 28, 2020

Old Age is more like Purgatory

 I forget which poet wrote "Grow old along with me..." (I was told, Robert Browning) but we've demonstrated that tonight. I realized I couldn't go out and walk anymore right now, as my sinuses couldn't take it, though they finally went back to normal. So, Bill and I climbed up and down our basement stairs, carefully, holding the railing, ten times. Then, he showed me the paces he made at night walking the length of the house and back. (It's a small house, so that's quite a number of times.) I might try that sometime. After one or both of these exercises, you go out on the porch in your hat and coat and breathe the fresh air for awhile. The other thing you are trying to avoid is the ice. It's counterproductive to be laid up for months, if you fall. Of course, there are other exercises like Yoga and seated Yoga, which when I did it, surprised me as to its equal effectiveness. To your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment