Library

Library
Two of Everything

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Out There in the Grocery Arena

I like to talk about grocery adventures, since those are the only ones you can have these days. In a small store like Aldi's, it's really artful to avoid people. If they want me to come at senior times, you can bet I'm still sleeping. 😴 What do they think seniors are about, assuming they're early birds?🐦 I noticed a senior guy at checkout, wearing a mask, but it had fallen off to the side. So, why bother? 
Anyway, the clerk invited us to #1 aisle, so I went, with my black sock mask 🧦on with a coffee filter ☕️insert. He (unmasked) kept asking me questions, and I didn't do much talking. He should have been the one not talking. Basically, he wanted to know if I needed some help. It was either my gray hair 👩‍🦳cascading down my back or that I had a lot of stuff. Well, again, what could I say? I was stuck, between the side of the cart 🛒and whatever was behind me, and I couldn't get my ample figure👩‍🦳🛒 out of the vice. So, I just went along, quietly and meekly. 
He had a shield for his check out area, but I couldn't help but wonder why, when he was generally so "out there", near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment