Library

Library
Two of Everything

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Lord, Send Me a Sign

Okay...Grocery store adventures! πŸ›’ Yesterday's was a bit uneventful, except the 3 oz paper cups at DollarπŸ’² Tree πŸŒ³turned out to actually be 2 oz cups, but Bill likes miniature things, so he's planning on putting coke in them. (They make good viewing-at-home communion glasses, too.)
As I entered Meijer today, there were these big old signs on the doors telling the customers that state law says they MUST wear a mask. "Well," I thought, "that does it. Surely, they'll comply with those signs." Oh contrare! Again, about 1/3 were wandering aimlessly about πŸšΆ‍♀️🚢‍♂️ as if they'd failed their remedial reading πŸ“–courses. As for arrows, ⬆️⬇️which are pretty easy to understand, you still managed to meet up with folks going the wrong way on a one-way "street". The 1/3 were also hard of hearing, because they failed to hear the P.A.πŸ“’ pep talk on using hand sanitizers and other precautions, (like wearing masks) which explained the why's and wherefores of doing those things. As I said, Bill likes miniature things, so I got him a teeny-tiny hand sanitizer bottle (and one for me, too).
But there were other good things like, actually finding bona fide masks😷 in the health section. I was wearing a sock.🧦 Now, I'd grown quite fond of socks on the face, so I traveled in a circuitous fashion, after getting Meijer-priced ink cartridges, ending up in the sock section. I thought the prices were "highway robbery" for just socks. I wanted something distinctive, and this took a long time to evaluate. I was about to "cave" to Hanes, but my eyes wandered to yet another display I hadn't seen, Aha! Only $5 for 2 pair. (As luck would have it, the receipt showed the 2 pair marked down to $1.25!) The distinctive aspect of one of the pairs is multi-colored puppy pawπŸ•πŸΆ prints. So, I hope I don't screw up the cutting and creative process.
Had to wait to hit the cleaning aisle before I found the nearly extinct disposable latex gloves. πŸ¦–
And last but not least, food,πŸ‰πŸŒπŸ’πŸ₯•which will hopefully carry us for another, say, week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment