Library

Library
Two of Everything

Friday, May 29, 2020

Humans and other Animals

On my walk, I encountered a pup dog 🐶 I kind of knew whose it was and to which house he belonged. I told him to follow me "home" while other dogs 🐕🐩🐕🐩 across the street scolded him with their barks, as if to say, "You're naughty; if we have to be inside, or leashed, or penned, you have no right to be out!" When we got to the place with two ramps, there was a cat🐱 guarding the door. I stooped to look at his license and read the phone number out loud. The look he gave me indicated that he understood that if I had to, I would call his owner on my phone. Immediately, he clipped up the incline, and the two creatures stole into the house. 🐕🐈 I laughed through all this, because animals, whether they're across-the-street observers or "busted" puppies, have an intelligence that we humans underestimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment