Library

Library
Two of Everything

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Slowing Down

It's not that I haven't experienced a little panic🧟‍♀️ a couple times or that I don't miss others, especially little people👧ðŸ‘Đ‍ðŸĶą, but ever since college graduation (having been sent to a school "out in the sticks"), I've missed being able to slow down. That's what my life was like, pretty much. I did a lot of bike ridingðŸšĩ‍♀️, walking and hikingðŸšķ‍♀️, sitting and dreaming🧘‍♀️, music makingðŸŽļ, painting and puppetryðŸŽĻ, reading ðŸ“–and writing🖋, and rehearsing, theatrically🎭
When "living life" came along, I thought, "When do I ever get a break?" Well, here it is. 

So, people fake protesting (since what's really permitted is peaceful protest, not guns) because they can't get out; yet there they are, looking like they're pretty "out there", just reveal they don't have much in the way of inner resources, much like the one who backs them.  Apparently, they have nothing better to do than broadcast hostility, with their emblems, and breathe out germs, bringing them back to our side of the state.
Get a life, "hollow people, heads filled with straw", credit to TS Elliot.

(On that note:  I think most grocery store people do as well as they can to be considerate, but ran into a lady, with no mask, yelling in the aisle that the world was going to hell. As she rounded the corner where I was, I shot down the other direction, and she mocked, hurry, hurry...I don't think I'm reading into this, but she was apparently a b---h.)
I'm reading a book📖about a girl who, back in history, had a wild imagination and managed to get so carried away in her own world, that she screwed up a lot of things (do I hear a drum roll for character identification?). So, I got to thinking about this. Let us "imagine" that we're all serious scientistsðŸ‘Ļ‍⚕️ðŸ‘Đ‍🔎ðŸ‘Ļ‍🔎 ðŸ”Ž(for me, this is a challenge) with the intent of preserving the earth,🌎 by living in one of those domes in Antarctica, ðŸŒŽdoing research. Now, doesn't this noble cause during our quarantine make you feel all better? ðŸĪŠ
You can still take walks in the sunshine, if you bundle up. The novel I'm reading is now influencing me to slow down, if you can get any slower, but have taken to naming homes and places, like one Victorian House, which houses a lot of people, I've decided to name my grandmother's ðŸ‘ĩ upstairs apartment; other places would be Japanese gardens, if they have special little trees.ðŸŒģ

No comments:

Post a Comment