Library

Library
Two of Everything

Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Sun Will Come Out Today, so Pay Less

 On the lighter side, it's getting to the point where attending a Zoom meeting is like going somewhere to attend something. So, I felt I'd already gone somewhere before I had to go somewhere, like off to the school of the Arts, to pick up the grandchildren.

👩‍🎤🕺 (They're there, because of their lineage)

It was a beautiful ride, where I turned the heat up, because it was cold and rainy. I recognized the kids with their masks, because of Leela's antics. 🧚🧚‍♂️Naia's art teacher wanted to make sure they got into the right car, by checking with me and my sign, as well as Naia's agreeing face. All of a sudden, the sun, and Leela's request for the A/C. Got them to their Grandma Marilyn, but had to run and get their tablets to them.

Then, I went to Meijer's. Aha! You knew I'd get to the grocery adventures.🛒 Well, this time, no groceries. I decided to get rid of some accumulated bottles in the trunk while there, then, proceeded to purchase a Birthday bag that would actually fit around Naia's 10th birthday gift. 🎂 (The one at the $Tree wasn't large enough) I felt pretty clever. The bottles and the MPerk coupons wiped $6 off a $7 purchase, so I only paid $1 and 3 cents. But I thought to myself, why is it you can charge $7 for a Birthday bag,🎁 and tell people to come to your store, because "Why pay more?" is your slogan? What with rampant unemployment, small businesses closing, and they charge $7 for gift wrap? Why pay more? So, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment