Library

Library
Two of Everything

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Puppysitting

 Pup dog, Logan, put Grandma through her paces today. He was quite naughty, never coming in when I called him. I guess he thought he'd waited long enough in the house for a break. I told him he couldn't go out a second time, because once the girls got home dropped off by yet another grandma, he had forfeited going out again. Still, Leela and I caved, but we had to call on Naia to help coax him back in again. After all this activity, and eating apple slices I gave him, he stood in the kitchen, and I swear I could see his eyelids drooping. I thought, okay Logan, if you're tired, I don't want you to fall asleep standing up in the kitchen. So, I pointed him to his little inside "house", and he seemed grateful to relax.

Okay, so I went unnecessarily to my "volunteer" job today, took an unnecessary trip to Spring Lake to get the granddaughters who'd already gone to their aunt's, and ended up puppysitting.🐕 (The one who got the days mixed up was me. I take responsibility.) As Logan Augustus Kingsley 🐶sat with his back to me on my lap, I recall singing to him; "Logan was a pup dog who was more often naughty than good, while playing in the neighborhood, and they should take him to Sunday School, so he could learn the rules." It was something like that, and like "The Lost Chord" or the rest of "Kubla Khan", I should have written it down. It was a really cute song, and Logan didn't seem the least bit insulted. Maybe it's the "way" you sing to other mammals that makes the difference in how you get along. 👣🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment